Sunday, July 6, 2008

I Love My CTR Class!

So I teach Sunday School to the 4 & 5 year olds and it is always such a riot! These kids say WHATEVER comes to mind. One of my 5 year old students keeps asking me where my daughter is and made a card for her. Guess I'll have to hold on to that one for awhile.


Here's a pic of some of them. This Sunday we talked about how important is it to remember to say thank you. And then we made thank-you cards. I told them they should sign their names so whoever got them would know who it was from - and they both started writing out their names by themselves! What the?! They don't even go to kindergarten and they know how to write their names!! Is that normal? Because I was blown away.



I think I need to put down my usual novel and start reading some baby books or Motherhood for Dummies or something. I have a growing fear that I may be in over my head when it gets to be that time . . .

2 comments:

A Boy and 3 Girls said...

LOL!!! You won't be over your head when you have baby. Kids are so advanced now a days. They know their numbers, colors, alphabets, the sounds letters make, how to spell their names, words, and so much more before they ever start kindergarten. It's really amazing. You don't need motherhood for dummies!LOLOLOLOL! Keep up the good work with the kiddos!

jenibug said...

I taught this same lesson last week. I only had Jeremy S. in my class and coincidentally he gave his thank you note to me and I gave mine to him! So cute.
What a couple of beautiful kids you have in your class!