Sunday, June 5, 2011

Test Drive Down the Colorado

**(To answer everyone's questions - no we're not moving, the last post was just a means to an end)



It's Time to SUIT UP!

Mike bought a new kayak so of course after work we had to test it out.
My least favorite part of playing on the river before it really warms up is putting on the Moonsuit (it's really called a dry suit, but I totally feel like an astronaut wearing them).






There are tight rubber gaskets around the neck, wrists, and ankles making it feel a lot like going through the birth canal all over again.




This pic makes me laugh! I usually end up looking like this - hair everywhere. I've never seen what this looks like before. It looks like Mike is kissing a short balding man with a beard.



Nothing like a size small kayak skirt to make you feel extra pregnant.




SEE! Astronauts!




The other part that I'm no good at is putting the skirt around the kayak lid. After all this - I'm usually sweating and wish I was just wearing a bathing suit, whew.
But it's time to get into da wata!




If Willy Wonka really lived I think his chocolate river would look just like this. Mmm, tastey.













Good Times.
Another great ending to a day in Moab.

2 comments:

krissiecook said...

Not fair - you don't look pregnant even in a moon suit.

Brian Hays said...

The river looks big!